The market size of probiotics stood at $48.38 billion in the year 2018 and is expected to grow at an Annual Compound Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.3% by 2025. Owing to this series of expansion, the probiotics market will reach $69.3 billion by 2023. The key market players include giant companies like Lallemand, Yakult, DuPont, Nestle, and Danone. These companies along with some more have started launching and providing numerous nutritional supplements with huge nutritional values and health benefits.
Major Segments Present in the Probiotics Market
The factors pertaining to substantial growth in the coming years majorly comprises of the following:
- A substantial increase in the cases of digestive disorders pertaining to the current lifestyle have embraced the tremendous opportunities for growth in this sector.
- Increasing awareness amongst the consumers regarding the health benefits that are associated with probiotic-fortified foods
- Also, the technological advancements in probiotic products are expected to reach sky-high heights
The probiotics market is projected to generate some attractive opportunities in onion omgommgomg terms of great revenue generation and integrating more innovative product segments by 2025.
Yeast will be the fastest-growing segment in probiotics
If we go by ingredients, the yeast segment is projected to grow at the fastest pace. This growth is majorly attributed to products made with Saccharomyces boulardii, which have some great benefits on human intestinal activities. Probiotic yogurts are projected to gain popularity in the coming years owing to the health benefits it brings to the table. This growth is projected in mainly developing countries like India, Japan, China to name a few.
In the global market scenario, liquid probiotics will dominate
The demand for liquid probiotics is already increasing and is projected to increase at an increasing rate in the global probiotics market. The liquid probiotics include products which are healthy options for daily supplementation like kefir water, probiotic juices, and yogurt-based drinks.
The US Market of Probiotics
The US probiotics market is essentially defined by the strong presence of demographic-specific probiotics. This includes probiotics for geriatrics and genders. By 2025, the probiotics market in the States is expected to surge effectively with excessive demand for probiotic dietary supplements along with probiotic-based food and beverage products. These products will mainly drive the probiotics market in the US.
By region, Asia Pacifics will report the highest growing market for probiotics
Pertaining to the rapid economic growth and technological advancements in countries like China, Brazil, Argentina, etc is leading to steady in the disposable income which is, in turn, surging the ever-increasing demand of the probiotic-based food items in these developing countries of the Asia-pacific region. Hence they are expected to significantly contribute to the growth of the probiotics market globally
Key Developments in the Area
- In April 2019, SymReboot L19 was launched by Symrise. These probiotic ingredients contain microorganisms that possibly activate the skin’s natural defense mechanism.
- In March 2019, an investment was announced by Lallemand towards the key area of processing facilities that aim to double the yeast production.
Disclaimer: Opinion expressed here is the writer’s own opinion based on the analysis.